ARIZONA Greg and I started off our summer with a trip to Arizona

where there were plenty of things going on to keep us entertained. First there was
Chantelle's 8th grade graduation. I don't know that I've ever seen anyone so excited to move on to
high school.
The next exciting event was
Audrey and our cousin
Melissa's baptism. It was so fun to see those two girls get to share their baptism. It was very private because of the special circumstances. The temple dedication was the next day, so in order for Audrey to be able to go to the dedication she was able to be baptized on her actual birthday. There were no other baptisms that day, besides our families', since the stake ones had been done earlier that month.
Finally there was the
Gila Valley Temple dedication. How exciting to get to be there for that special event. The temple cultural celebration was amazing! My favorite was the bullwe

avel(sp?)/cotton scene. So funny. But there was just such a special spirit in the whole valley. It's so different than Utah, or even Rexburg, when a general authority visits in Arizona. At BYU-I members of the 12 frequently visit to speak at devotionals, so students are always talking about running in to them. But I don't think I can think of a time growing up when a member of the 12 came to the Gila Valley. So the people of course were just so excited. We love our prophet! It was so special to be able to go with my whole family to the dedication. To get to see our prophet in our own town, to finally have a temple. President Monson was so cute! He joked with the people and children. You could just feel his love for the people.



RYDALCH REUNION The first weekend of June we went down to Logan and through the canyon to the Beaver Creek Lodge. It's so beautiful there. Greg's mom's side of the family has over 100 members. Each person that is born or married into the family gets a number. For example, Grandpa Rydalch is #1, Grandma Rydalch #2, all the way down the line, I'm #95. Everybody spends the weekend in the lodge, or surrounding areas since it gets full fast. There was the annual volleyball tournament, which Greg's team won. Greg thought the bandana pic of me was hilarious and made me promise that I woul
d put it up. I didn't think it was that funny, funny yes, but not hilarious. So there you go Greg. :) There's always a variety show, and lots of good food and company. The view of the area is truly breathtaking, a picture just doesn't do it justice, but hopefully you can get the idea. Anyway, I'm grateful to have married into such a great family that values the importance of being together and helping one another.
SCOUTS As G
reg and I are the den leaders of the Bears I got to go to Cub Scout Day Camp. This was a very new, and fun experience for me. The boys crack me up. I'm glad that they are still excited for scouts.
4th of JULY So for the 4th I had to walk in the parade with the salon that I work at. Bleh. And it was actu
ally freezing. Ok, like in the 50's or 60's, but still! But it was alright, and we had this amazing dinner at Greg's parents. Grilled pineapple over grilled chicken. With these great crock pot baked beans. Then later that night we went to Driggs, Idaho and listened to Glenn Beck speak, followed by a great show of fireworks. Can I just say the 4th of July is my
favorite holiday! I'm so thankful that I was born in this country where I have freedom.
FIRST ANNIVERSARY Our first anniversary fell on a Sunday. So we
decided to celebrate at home. We had ourselves a delicious dinner of fillet mignon (which we slightly over cooked, sniffle), white asparagus, parmesan potatoes, and salad. Greg did several little kind things all day and it made the day special. We almost forgot, but right before we went to bed we had a bite of our wedding cake. Greg was a little grossed out, but I'd preserved that cake all year through two moves. We were going to eat it, and document it. :) Anyway, I'm positive I've married the most wonderful man ever. And it's been a year of joy. I look forward to the many, many more we have ahead of us.
ASHLEY'S WEDDING At the end of August, Greg's sister Ashley, married Adam Green. We were all so hap
py to see them married. They make a great couple, and Ash made a beautiful bride. It was really fun, rather than have a reception they had a dinner in the Joseph Smith building right next to the Salt Lake Temple. It was such a great idea. They set everything up for you, and do a beautiful job of decorating. Everything was very classy. They served a yummy dinner. And when everyone was done eating and dancing they cleaned it all up. All you had to do was show up. Great plan.
HEATHER We ended the summer in a very fun way. Heather came up and spent a week with us. It's always so
fun to hang out with Heather. I always feel like we don't do enough fun things, but she keeps coming up so phewf : ). Greg took her senior pictures while she was up here. He took over 700, and I promise you there were like 675 amazing ones. She is just so beautiful and photogenic. Here is just one, I will let her debut her senior pics. But holy moley, she's stunning. Anyway, I loved having her here, and hope we can make it a summer tradition.
No comments:
Post a Comment